- On 4 February, 2022
- In Blogs
Choquequirao has been one of the archaeological and natural attractions that are becoming better known in the world due to its extraordinary diversity of ecosystems and the beautiful citadel that is located on top of a mountain and the only way to get there is by taking a long walk. 2 days out and 2 days back. In this article, you will find all the information on the best time to make the trip to Choquequirao and enjoy your trip to the fullest.
What is the best time to travel to Choquequirao?
The best season to visit Choquequirao and enjoy beautiful views is definitely the dry season from April to October, also the road at this time is completely safe since in the rainy season there may be some landslides and rockfalls from the hills and mountains as usually happens in the rainy season.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the dry season
Traveling to Choquequirao in the dry season is a great advantage, however, it can also have a slight disadvantage.
- Intense sun all day.
- Safe path throughout the journey.
- There will be no fog on the way and in Choquequirao.
- With a little luck, you will be able to appreciate the condor, foxes, vizcachas, hummingbirds, spectacled bears, or the cock of the rocks.
- You will be able to fully appreciate each of the places in the citadel of Choquequirao.
- Most of the bushes, plants, and flowers will be dry so you will only be able to appreciate dry mountains.
- Intense cold at night.
- Low humidity.
- It will be difficult to find water during the walk so you will have to carry a good amount of water.
Choquequirao with a travel agency
Getting to Choquequirao on your own is a complicated task since you have to put together your itinerary and hire transportation, carry camping equipment, food, etc. However, you can solve it by hiring a local operating agency and you only worry about enjoying and living the excursion to Choquequirao to the fullest.
Some travel recommendations to Choquequirao
- Identity document (passport and/or DNI).
- Acclimatize for at least 1 day.
- Do not have heart problems.
- Bring trekking poles.
- Carry tents.
- Food for three days and 3 nights.
- Take fruits, candies for the road.
- Poncho in case of rain.
- Bottled water.
- Water purifying tablets.
- Trekking shoes.
- Extra batteries.
- Cap or hat.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Trekking backpack